Waste management on export
The development of waste management systems in Sweden has been very successful and the results are unique from an international point of view. Today, waste is looked upon and used as a resource rather than a problem. Many other countries have been aware of this, and want to learn more about the Swedish waste management system and how it has been built up. Daily, contacts are taken from different countries with different requests on knowledge transfer from Sweden. However, standing alone, the municipalities and companies have had limited resources and possibilities to success in spreading knowledge about Swedish waste management in the world.
Now, a strategy is being developed, that is built on co-operation between the public and private sector within waste management. Together they will form one strong platform for export of Swedish waste management knowledge and technology with a unique combination of competences.
The aim with the new platform is to facilitate the export of
• Swedish knowledge about waste management,
• products and services within the waste sector,
through cooperation among municipalities, municipal companies and the private sector.
The platform is developed within the framework of the Swedish Association of Waste Management, formed as a project running over 2012-2013. As support to the project leader, there is a new established working group, with members from public and private sector.
Some completed and on-going activities:
- Offers that will form a product catalogue have been defined (see power point presentation in the link to the right).
- An inventory of resources available within the municipalities and companies matching the different offers has been made.
- Development of tools that will facilitate co-operation between municipalities and companies in order to be able to create the strongest offer. Tools are for example checklists for canalize and asset project possibilities in order to prioritize in a systematic way, business models, on-going project database etc.
- Common presentation material on Swedish Waste Management.
- Technical visit system – a common support system for technical visits to Sweden is being developed.
- Pilot projects. To test and further develop the tools the platform is participating in pilot projects in different countries.
When the tools have been established focus will be re-oriented towards more selling- and market activities
Project leader Jenny Åström
Working group chair Thomas Nylund
Avfall Sverige söker rådgivare för återvinning och slutförvar.
Länsstyrelsen Västra Götalands län söker avfallshandläggare med specialkompetens till Göteborg.
Vallentuna kommun söker renhållningshandläggare.
Västerås stad söker driftingenjör med projektledaransvar för avfallshantering
Ramböll söker chef för miljöenheten i Göteborg.
Avfall Sverige är en intresse- och branschorganisation för kommuner och kommunala bolag men även privata företag inom området avfallshantering och återvinning.
Avfall och Miljö
Vår tidning Avfall och Miljö är branschtidningen som fokuserar på avfallshantering och återvinning.
Prenumerera på nyhetspaketet, som består av branschtidningen Avfall och Miljö, som utkommer fem gånger per år, samt nyhetsbrevet, som utkommer cirka 20 gånger per år.